[rescue] Parts Needed for Rescued Equipment

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Nov 4 19:43:30 CST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 1:20 AM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> r.stricklin wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 2007, at 9:28 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>>
>>> If you can verify that they're the same type as the IBM Fx0 and Hx0
>>> models used, I've got some spare...
>>
>> The B50 uses different brackets than the F50.
>>
>> F50 style: http://www.thetrayman.net/item102065.ctlg
>> B50 style: http://www.thetrayman.net/item102060.ctlg
>
> What I can verify, however, is that the 6E1/6C1, 6E3/6C3 and B50
> all use
> the same sleds.  I don't remember if the B80 does as well, but it
> wouldn't surprise me.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

The B80 sleds are steel rugged thingies.  They are the same sleds as
the IBM 44P workstation as the B80 is just a 44P server.  The bottom
sled is a Netfinity sled.  Those are a dime a dozen.  I've got tons
of those with old 18's in them.  I don't think the B50 uses those,
however.  I could check the B50 we have in the basement (retired gear
room).  I would think that they look similar to the Netfinity fronts
but are not the same interface.  The B80 looks completely different.

Andrew