[rescue] And the i1300 distro of choice this time is...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Nov 1 09:33:28 CDT 2007

On Nov 1, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Huh.  I could *swear* I tried that irqpoll option.  I know I tried
> acpi=force, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Maybe I used it with Gentoo, then forgot to try it with the other
> installs.

Like I said - it took me a lot of dinking to get it to boot.  It
helps that I'm a packrat and have about a dozen different
distributions at hand.

>> I must have tried about 6 different OS boots before I found the right
>> magic words.  (Regular Ubuntu, and Older Ubuntu, Plan 9, NetBSD,
>> etc.) (0) It wasn't until just this morning that I got the
>> combination of boot options right.
>
> Yeah, that pretty much matches my experience.  The only install I
> got to
> work decently on it was Gentoo, but the machine's not really fast
> enough
> - and definitely doesn't have enough memory - to make Gentoo really
> viable.

Y'know it's funny but it just occurred to me that I don't think
either of us tried Solaris x86.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!