[rescue] Personal progressions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu May 31 18:47:51 CDT 2007

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>> From a career point of view there is nothing wrong with Windows. It
>> won't get you a high profile job, have your name spoken with reverence
>> on the Internet, or get you rich, but after the "high tech bubble"
>> burst, Windows admins had jobs, while Linux gurus did not.
>
> That's funny.  I was gainfully employed before, during, and after the
> bubble, happily running Solaris and Linux and IRIX, and buying lunch for
> my unemployed MCSE-holding friends.

What happens to you depends on heavy doses of location, luck, and who you know.

What you know may or may not be relevant, depending on the other three.

Fortunately, that's letting up locally and things appear to be slowly headed
back to the way things were before the bubble.

Of course, there are other bubbles to content with...

--
shannon           | Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are scattered far,