[rescue] Personal progressions (was: what to do with a dec alpha 255)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu May 31 15:19:19 CDT 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> From a career point of view there is nothing wrong with Windows. It
> won't get you a high profile job, have your name spoken with reverence
> on the Internet, or get you rich, but after the "high tech bubble"
> burst, Windows admins had jobs, while Linux gurus did not.

That's funny.  I was gainfully employed before, during, and after the
bubble, happily running Solaris and Linux and IRIX, and buying lunch for
my unemployed MCSE-holding friends.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."