[rescue] PDP on EBay

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 30 10:29:18 CDT 2007

r.stricklin wrote:
> On May 30, 2007, at 7:17 AM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> I am logged in all the time, and I still see bidder1->bidderN
>> sometimes.
>>
>> I think eBay is buggy as hell, so maybe that's it.
>
> Does anybody read documentation anymore? If you're not the seller,
> and the value of the item reaches "a certain point", eBay anonymizes
> the bid history.

Does anybody listen any more?

I said it does that *SOMETIMES*.

In other words, it isn't consistent.

In fact, I've looked at the *SAME* auction, and I've seen it change in a few
hours to bidders listed, not listed, listed again, etc.

*IT* *IS* *BUGGY*

It's just like their search function that silently and randomly removes some
of your search criteria without telling you, or the fact that search for IDs
and vendors is still broken 4 years after I filed an extensive bug report on it.

--
shannon           | I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time,