[rescue] PDP on EBay

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue May 29 19:33:24 CDT 2007

Earl D. Baugh Jr. wrote:
>> On Friday 25 May 2007 15:08, velociraptor wrote:
>>
>>> Listing URL:
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Electrical-Component-NR_W0QQitemZ17011454
>>> 1243QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4668QQcmdZViewItem
>>>
>>> Currently @ $.99.
>>>
>>> Not affiliated, just happened across it while looking at their other
>>> offerings.
>>>
>>> From that photo, it's hard to tell if they're selling a whole
>>> machine,
>>>
>> or just a frontpanel... or if it even has any board in it.
>>
>> It's unfortunate that the seller seems to be completely useless for
>> answering questions too; the FAQ they have says that if you have a
>> question, "study the picture carefully".
>>
>> Grr.
>>
>> Pat
>>

> Well, it went for over $300 (or at least was bid up to that...)
> EBay now hides the bidder names, so no idea who won it...

well... ebay exposed the high bidder to me twice... why I don't know...
if I go back now it probably won't show it... so maybe there is a delay
between the 'live' auction data and 'completed' auction data where they
then 'sanitize' the data.  whypaymore$ was the winner of the last 2 out
of 3 times that item was listed.

Plus given what someone else here found, that bidder is a shill bidder for
that seller.  You'd think ebay could automatically determine shillers by
their bidder/seller paterns.  But then again, with big sellers, why bite off
the hand that feeds them by reprimanding them (or cancelling them) for
shilling (shilling even ups ebays profits).

> So, where would one go and see a PDP like this?  I'm in Atlanta,
> and the only place I've read of (aside from a few rescuer's houses)
> would be the Boston Computer Museum and perhaps one other place
> in SF.

Haven't seen one in a long time... but I've 'seen' them several times on
ebay.
(I just can't afford the prices).