[rescue] 50-pin SCSI ribbon cables?

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:35:43 CDT 2007

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " > i've found the micro-68 for the back panel, where i can get at the
> " > wide scsi.  i've found the 4-pin molex power connector.  i can't find
> " > sca-80 idc connectors; i'm having a hard time finding -any- sca-80
> " > connectors.  anyone?
> "
> " Is there enough room in there to pull the SCA-80 backplane (which I
> " assume is why you're looking for SCA connectors) and replace it with an
> " HD68 -> SCA80 adapter?
>
> yes, that is what i'm looking for, but i don't think there's enough
> for -both- disks.  it's worth looking though!

I have some of these I'm using:

http://www.computercablestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=907

(Not bought at that particular web store, though.)

They might *just* be narrow enough for your purposes, and even if
they're not, it'll be close enough that I think you might be able to
make it work with (*ahem*) judicious use of an exacto knife and some
sandpaper.

 > ideally i'd find a hd68 -> dual sca80 adapter, with the sca connectors
 > just a bit more than 1" apart...

You might be out of luck there.  I don't believe I've ever seen anything
like this.  The closest thing I've seen is a two-drive SCA backplane for
a dual-drive external wide-SCSI case for use with hot-swap drives.  I
don't think it was small enough for your purposes, though.

Peace...  Sridhar