[rescue] 50-pin SCSI ribbon cables?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 24 14:44:16 CDT 2007

" From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
"
" When I need some and can't find them, I go pick up ribbon cable and
" 50-pin IDC connectors and crimp my own.  Are you far from suitable
" stores or something?

speaking of which - one of my back burner projects is to make up a
wide scsi cable for my sparcengine ultra 20.  for those who don't
know, this is like a us1e/us2 hybrid [1 socketed cpu] on an aurora-size
motherboard.  i have it in an aurora chassis, and the seu20 has wide
scsi and my disks are wide, but the internal aurora scsi cable is
narrow.

i've found the micro-68 for the back panel, where i can get at the
wide scsi.  i've found the 4-pin molex power connector.  i can't find
sca-80 idc connectors; i'm having a hard time finding -any- sca-80
connectors.  anyone?
--
i've just been given a strawberry imac.  for osx it needs more
memory...  anyone have  a 128M pc100 sdram sodimm floating around they