[rescue] 50-pin SCSI ribbon cables?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 24 09:15:19 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 09:40:52AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> When I need some and can't find them, I go pick up ribbon cable and
> 50-pin IDC connectors and crimp my own.  Are you far from suitable
> stores or something?

This is one of those "dont have enough demand for them to crimp my
own; don't have enough 'toy mony' right now to buy brand new ones
from an online vendor" situations.

> I likely have some in my SCSI-cables box; what do you need?  (Don't
> forget the connector for the terminator at the end.)

Something like this:

<card end>-----at least 12"-----<device connector>---at least
3-6"---<device>---<terminator>

(or something with multiple device connectors, as I have two drive
bays that need to have SCSI..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford