[rescue] Amiga videos online for your enjoyment

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Thu May 24 08:40:04 CDT 2007

> Hearty agreement on the diags. I have had Suns tell me that the memory
> in a specific slot is bad. Never seen that on any PeeCee.

We had some Pentium II compaq servers and one of them blue screened (it
looked like Windows but it wasn't)... and said that the ECC parity check
had failed on a specific slot. It was the first time I had seen this.

A standard desktop board, you can enable the slow ram test, and it doesn't
do anything. Memtestx86 will show you loads of bad memory blocks... while
the BIOS doesn't catch it. It just counts or something. A huge
dissapointment there.