[rescue] Amiga videos online for your enjoyment

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:45:54 CDT 2007

On 24 May 2007, at 03:33, Robert Brooke Gravitt wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 4:14 PM, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>
>> They DO! Admit it! I dunno what it is, but Sun systems are mega
>> slow in
>> some regards.
>
> Spoken like a man who doesn't have to watch an RS/6000 system
> ( p570 ) POST.

I'll drink to that. my RS/6000 takes forever and a week to post.
Again though it does provide veeeeeery comprehensive diagnostics.

> Or an HP-UX box for that matter. Makes the glacial Sun
> kit POST seem like racing in across the salt flats in a rocket-
> propelled, monkey-driven vehicle.

I don't really find Sun machines POST slowly (unless you flag to use
the diags on and I only do that to verify hardware when I first set
it up). It's the kernel boot time of Solaris 10 that really drags
mine down.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: