[rescue] Q: Twin Turbo 128MA - video card?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue May 22 15:08:51 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 02:48:32PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just also came across a card I can't identify - it looks like a Mac
> video card, but I'm not sure. It is marked Twin Turbo 128MA, it is on
> a standard PCI card, and has a 15 pin, 2 row connector (like a
> stretched 9 pin serial connector).
>
> Any thoughts, exp. with this card? I really know nothing about this
> card...

Are you sure it doesn't say 128M8?

The 15pin port is an old-school apple video port.  I believe that was a
very good card for older PCI macs, but is pretty much useless under OS
X.  I would imagine that a PCI radeon would be better on OS 9, but I
think that the Twin Turboes might work on some or all revisions of OS 8
or even later versions of System 7, while I think Radeons and Rages
might be OS 9 only.