[rescue] Commodore Pricing(PET era)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon May 21 20:27:18 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/05/21 Mon PM 05:47:19 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Commodore Pricing(PET era)

>On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 05:41:30PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> So far, my frustration is that each chapter has a starting point, then it
>> goes down a particular thread, then it snaps back to the begining point,
>> nad follows another thread. I think I really wish the book had a more
>> rigid organization, say one chapter about the 6502 CPU hardware, andother
>> about the PET hardware development, PET software development, etc...
>
>It gets a little better as you hit the end of the C64/128 stuff and it
>gets into Amiga territory.  The beginning of the book is definitely a
>Peddle love-fest though.

10-4 good buddy ;^)

I'm just now reading about the VIC chip, which I can only assume leads to the VIC-20/C64/C128 era... Glad to hear it gets better...

While we are on a book-related thread (cross-posted to geeks for follow-up), any one else noticed that lately some O'Reilly books are coming out "not quite done"? I've seen practices that make no sense (the skype hacks book points readers to a web page for instructions on setting up a skype server, written by the authors of the book, but omitted because it was too long - oh, and the pages didn't exist for several months after the book was released, one of the new PHP books is real bad, typo/bad information-wise, etc.) I think they are growing too fast and their processes/procedures aren't scaling up that well, but it's just my opinion...

Lionel