[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon May 21 16:24:39 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 10:12:46AM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>> I'm saying the 1084S looks like a TV to me. Not a nice monitor.
>>> What the heck were you using for a monitor on it?  If you were using a TV,
>>> no wonder the picture sucked...
>> 1084S = TV
>> Sure it could do crazy interlaced modes that reprogram your mind.
>
> Maybe you had a bad one or something; at the time, the 1080/1084 were
> on-par with PC monitors I had access to.  Of course, at the time I'd
> not used a NeXT box or a Sun system with a nice 19" - this was small-town
> Oklahoma we're talking about here. 8-)

Even on an RGB or VGA monitor, I found Amiga graphics looked TV-ish no matter
what, unless you pushed fairly high resolution and used the flicker fixer.

Of course, I was using 1152x900, super-crisp displays in the late 80s, and
super-crisp monographics on Atari and other systems in the mid 80s, so the
Amiga was bound to look "fuzzy" to me.

Also, some of that is the coloring and design of the Amiga GUI.  It was
designed for TV use so that enforces the feeling a little.

--
shannon           | I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time,