[rescue] Amiga 2000 success so far

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 20 23:45:19 CDT 2007

Tried to boot with the GVP '030 / FPU / 4M-RAM board, but just got a
white screen.  Dug up the jumper settings, jumpered J15, tried again.
Got the Kickstart "please insert Workbench" screen!

The floppy drive on the "first" A2K was bad, so I "borrowed" the floppy
drive tray off the second system:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/507095128/in/photostream/

Booted off a Workbench 2.04 floppy, the system is using the '030 board
properly:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=507094932&context=photostream&size=o

I shut it down, and tried for the full Monty - the '030 board, the Amiga
2091 SCSI controller and RAM baord, and the SupraRAM board all at once:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=507126241&context=photostream&size=o

I'm happy that this is an ECS A2000.  Now I just need to find a 50-pin
SCSI ribbon cable or three and a 4G-or-smaller 3.5" SCSI hard disk.  I
can at least build up the A2K and get re-acquainted with AmigaDOS before
I'm able to get the A4000 up and running, as well as work with the RTG
card in the A2000.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford