[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action: Now Commodore

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Sun May 20 11:28:02 CDT 2007

Michael Parson wrote:
> Possible and comfortable are two seperate issues.  I had an 80 column
> term for my C-64 (Novaterm), it used like a 3 or 4 pixel wide font with
> no spaces between the characters.  It was usable if you had a monitor,
> on a TV, it was a bit on the fuzzy side.  Scarily, I used it mostly on
> my SX-64's 4" internal screen.

In the day, I had a nice little app called "screen-40" for my VIC-20  It
was from "Computes Gazette".

June 1985 - Issue 24, Vol. 3, No. 6
The Gazette Talks to the Authors of Hitchhiker's Guide and Mindwheel,
Inside the 128, Screen-40, Dynamic SID Editor, The Freeze Factory,
Squares, Relative Files: Speed and Economy, Power BASIC: Tape Program Rescue,
Character Assassination

Problem here -
1. Base memory 3.5k bytes, and this app consumed some of this.
2. Could only really use this while coding, no other apps really knew
how to deal with this wedge...

While really off topic now....
Did/Does anyone here have a "Vic-Rabbit"? - It was a -tape- fast
loader.  Once a program was saved in "Rabbit format", tape access was
seconds, not minutes.

Ahhh - good times! :-)

/M