[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun May 20 08:46:13 CDT 2007

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/05/19 Sat PM 09:32:04 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

<snip>

>If the Atari 8-bit systems had had real 80 column support, I'd probably never
>have gotten rid of mine.

IIRC, a very big part of the Atari appeal was that you could use an off-the-shelf TV as an output device, and 80 coulmns isn't possible on a standard TV set.

I had an Atari 800 (after my OSI Superboard), but never upgraded it to the point of getting a floppy drive for it - I was too distracted by the TRS-80s at school (they had floppy drives). That said, I did like the "Star Raiders" game...

Lionel