[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 19 00:31:45 CDT 2007

Fri, 18 May 2007 @ 08:50 +0200, Michael Vergallen said:

> Erie Patsellis wrote:
>  > Hmmm,
>  > Is it me or could xerox make the same claim against M$ for the
> windows UI?
>
> Good point never really thought about it until you mentioned it...but
> then they could do the same with any GUI system.

Not really.

Xerox wasn't even first with any of it.

LISP machines, Englebart's famous 1968 demo... other misc systems had
the same ideas, some even better, than what Xerox had.

Remember that the Xerox system was pretty limited, and didn't even use
overlapping windows.  It looked neat if you only had a few documents,
but quickly got cumbersome with a lot of them.

--
shannon / Asus A8N5X - Opteron 170 at 2.5GHz | But you know, a little Sun Ultra 1
-------'  2GB RAM - nVidia 7900GS         | is doing all the hard work...