[rescue] Curses, foiled again

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri May 18 17:39:55 CDT 2007

On 18 May 2007, at 23:30, Bill Bradford wrote:
> The rest of the Amiga stuff arrived.. but the monitor cable is a
> 23-pin-to-9-pin (for a 1084, etc), not a 23-pin-to-HD15VGA.  D'oh!
>
> So, being able to test the A4000 has to be put off another week or
> more until I can find and buy [0] an adapter.

There are active adaptors available, but in a pinch you can make a
plain passive cable. To make the 23 pin connector you take a 25 pin
one and carefully file one end off. Even in the Amiga's heyday, this
was a lot less bother than trying to find somewhere with the 23 pin
ones in stock.

I have about two dozen *male* 23 pin connectors in my stash.
Completely useless to me, does anybody else have a use for them?