[rescue] fwd: Microsoft demands royalties for open-source software

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:06:13 CDT 2007

"I'm not entirely convinced that one should be rooting for somebody to be an
even bigger bully than Microsoft."

I haven't seen that. But then I haven't been looking either. IBM (at least
in the past few years) seems to be half way interested in their customers.
M$ is not. It's all about how they treat their customers. Apple is the worst
bully (and Steve Jobs is a jerk imo), but they give the people what they
want, and they are hailed as heroes. My problem isn't so much that M$ is a
bully, but that they are a bully and hand their users the shaft at every
turn.