[rescue] fwd: Microsoft demands royalties for open-source software

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Tue May 15 13:33:54 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 01:12:36PM -0500, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> True, but I'm wondering if these large firms will care.

Probably more than most of us think. Although $work uses certain open
source software, we have a global office that ensures that any license
agreements are strictly scrutinised and terms adhered to, etc. There's a
real fear of litigation and we're not even a US company (although we have
big operations in the US).

FWIW, we also have a patent cross-licensing agreement with Microsoft,
something I hang my head in shame over.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/