[rescue] Finding older memory chips

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 12 13:25:03 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> I've got this circa-1989 Amiga memory board:
>
> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/480625049_948a44f0b2_b.jpg
> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/480624003_5bc9039763_b.jpg
>
> Anybody know if its still possible to find more of those RAM
> chips?

Yes, but maybe not by searching for Amiga stuff.

Search for Apple II memory.

The other day I found some of this while doing an Apple II equipment search.

Sorry, I didn't save the URL, and I really meant to because I found a place
with decent prices on all kinds of obscure RAM.

If I get a chance, I'll try to scan my history and see if I can retrace my path.

Also, go to the Apple II FAQ and try the links in there.  I know a lot of them
are dead, but I seem to recall a few had memory, and a vendor that carries one
might well carry the other.

Good luck.

I'm envious, but sticking to the Apple stuff for the time being.

Must... not... buy... Amiga...

Ethan gave me a dead one 3 years ago, but I could not get it repaired.  I
should have saved it and asked here, but it was eating space.

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.