[rescue] E450 for pickup and 4/110

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Fri May 11 15:43:50 CDT 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 2:06 PM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:05:13 -0400
> From: "Ahmed Ewing" <aewing at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Free E450 for Pickup
> To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> On 5/11/07, Aaron Finley <aaronfinley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/10/07, Harold Berninghausen <haroldkarl at juno.com> wrote:
>>> hate to pick nits, but the E450 never worked with 450 mhz
>>> processors...
>>> either 400's or 480's...
>>>
>>> I just had to respond...
>>
>> But no one said that it did.. (?)
>>
> Actually someone did say this--in a different thread though ("E450
> and 4/110").
>
> ;-)
>
> -A

Yes, I am the one who listed 450 instead of 480.   I'm a terrible
person.  Revoke my rescue
license.

I did indicate that it had to be a BA chassis instead of a AA, so
would have
hoped that would have indicated that I did at least know something about
the E450 (and that I had probably made a mental hiccup from the model
to the CPU speed).

Since I am on the topic of chassis, I would remind folks that the AA
chassis did
not support all of the expansion that the BA and CA did.  When we
were looking for another
E450 at my old work  ( as a hot backup) and found a bunch of 450's
that at the time were cheap,
and almost purchased one until I got some info from a Sun reseller
that I've worked with who
clued me in that they were cheap because they were AA's....

Earl