[rescue] Solbourne S3000 keyboard wanted

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri May 11 08:38:38 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:38:12PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
[...]
> VoIP over dial-up? HA-HA!

Well, there was the time where I rigged up a PPP server to be accessed from
a mobile phone using dialup data. The call was delivered to me via VoIP over
an ADSL link, and demodulated by plugging an old USR modem into a VoIP
telephone adaptor.

That it worked at all was quite impressive. The modem wasn't entirely happy
about the phase slips and did a lot of retraining. It would have helped if
the mobile telco wasn't asking for a V.34+ connection even for a link that
was pegged at 9k6.