[rescue] Wanted: Sun 4/110 backplane and power supply

Matias Atria matrial at optonline.net
Sun May 6 22:32:56 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm looking for a backplane and power supply for a Sun 4/110. If anyone has
either (or both) of these, please let me know how much it would cost me to
get it off your hands. Read on for the details.

A few days ago I powered up my 4/110 for the first time in years and it didn't
go very smoothly. First, the green led in the power supply didn't light up,
although it passed all the tests when I booted it in "DIAG" mode. The
ethernet port didn't work at all. The "power" led on the transceiver I used
just flashed when it booted, but after that never came on again. This
probably had to do with the power supply. From using it a long time ago I
remembered that jumper J1800 allowed to switch between thin/AUI ethernet. I
jumped it (it was unjumped, which I later found our was the right setting),
powered on the machine and a few seconds later something blew up in the
backplane. It was a component labeled "C13", which I have no idea what it is.
I could replace that component only, but it must be much harder to find than
the entire backplane.

Thanks,
Matias.