[rescue] Two Sun E250 Chassis available

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat May 5 08:41:40 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I've got two E250 chassis to shed - they are available at prices dependent on configuration plus shipping (if required).

As an empty chassis (no CPU, HD, or RAM - otherwise complete w/CD drive and dual power supplies) I think a fair price is "Free".

If you want a couple CPUs, that would add a few bucks, depending on speed and number.

If you want RAM, that would also add a few bucks, depending on amount/density of RAM desired (i.e. 512 Meg of 32 Meg DIMMs would cost less than 512 Meg of 128 Meg DIMMs).

HDs are available, but all  I really have are 9 Gig HDs - I'd strongly suggest getting some larger, 1.6" drives and sleds off ebay, 50 Gig HDs are pretty cheap these days in a 1.6" form factor, as are 1.6" sleds...

Anyway, as an example, an E250 with 2x 300 MHz CPUs, 512 Meg of 32 Meg DIMMs, and a 9 Gig HD would be like $25. More RAM or HDs would raise the price a bit - send me a config and I'll give you a number.

As for shipping, these things are heavy, and I have one suitable box for shipping an E250 in. The first person to buy an E250 and have it shipped would get the box for free - if the second unit is to be shipped, that would be an additional cost. FedEx ground charges would beonthe buyer (from 08534, delivered to FedEx service counter (no Mailbox, etc. markup)).

I am in central NJ, and would happily drive, say, 30 minutes from Trenton to deliver one of these systems - longer drives are possible in exchange for gas money...

Also, I have some Sun Monitors to shed as well - anyone local interested? I won't ship them - it's not worth it...

If interested, please contact me off list.

Lionel