[rescue] AS/400e resale value?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 2 14:34:40 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> No, they're not affordable yet.  What I'm saying is that p5 systems
> are going for more than equally-configured i5 systems.  So, if you're
> in the market for a p5, look at i5 too.

I haven't seen that market trend (in fact, I've seen quite the
opposite), and I can't really say why it would make sense.  iSeries
systems cost substantially more to acquire, and they get even more
expensive as the performance is unlocked.  I would expect those costs to
filter down to the used market, too.

Perhaps the cheaper systems you see are the ones that are LIC-limited to
run i5/OS only, and at lower capacities?

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."