[rescue] AS/400e resale value?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed May 2 13:55:39 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> The stupid part is that pSeries machines command a price premium over
> equally powerful iSeries machines *which are capable of running AIX*.

I'd never noticed this.  As far as I know, the only iSeries systems that
can run AIX are i5.  Are you saying that POWER5 iSeries systems approach
affordable on the used market?

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "If we keep our pride, though paradise is lost, we
Elgin, TX        (   will pay the price, but we cannot count the cost."