[rescue] Anyone need any three foot patch cables?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jun 28 13:26:49 CDT 2007

Brian wrote:

> The part I didn't like is [the cable management arms] appeared to be
> a bit of an airflow obstruction...

  A BIT?! I installed two V480s and four T2000s in a rack with PDUs
running up the sides, and it was literally a _wall_ of power cables. I
had to unrack them and then re-rack them with an empty RU between each,
just to have gaps to thread in the network cables.

   I asked a Sun FE we had on site what other people did and he just
shook his head, and agreed "It sure is a problem!"

   *facepalm*

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator