[rescue] Anyone need any three foot patch cables?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 28 09:27:38 CDT 2007

Mr Ian Primus wrote:
>> So, what ...  a box of three-foot CAT5 cables, or a
>> box of three-foot
>> pieces of unterminated CAT5?
>
> Three foot patch cables, terminated with RJ45's. Or,
> <snip> <snip>, 2 foot, 11 inch unterminated lengths of
> Cat 5.

Sounds like it's the opposite of the situation I had at Cardima when I
first started ... 72-port Asante hub and patch panel right next to each
other.  They could quite happily have been wired with 3' cables.
Instead, whoever put the setup together used only 14' cables.  Some of
the cables were wrapped three complete turns around the cable guides on
the hub.  Never mind tracing connections to the hub; you could barely
even SEE it behind the arm-thick reams of CAT5.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.