[rescue] Anyone need any three foot patch cables?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 27 19:22:42 CDT 2007

>From: Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus at yahoo.com>
>Date: 2007/06/27 Wed PM 04:39:02 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] Anyone need any three foot patch cables?

>Well, I once again was 'baited and switched' on a
>surplus lot of hardware on ebay. At least this time I
>didn't pay too much for it. Apparently "hard drives
>have been wiped clean" means "hard drives are
>completely freaking missing, brackets too!". (why is
>it, that every time I buy hardware, it's missing the
>freaking drives!!!).

I had a similar issue last year - I bought a large "pallet" of Sun gear, it had a very elaborate table in the eBay listing showing the hardware included... Under the heading "HD" many systems had "-1", some had "0", now being a clever PC/computer person I believed that the "-1" was a true/checkbox, and that "0" was an unchecked checkbox, assuming the table came from a cut/paste of an Access database.

Bzzt.

There were no hard drives, and once I thought about it, I really had no right to assume there were HDs included. The seller could claim the "-1" and "0" meant nothing, and I had no real leg to stand on - I instead took it as a lesson to never "assume" what the seller means by something in the listing...

The pallet I won was about $100, and is how I wound up with a metric butt-load of Ultra 1,2,5, and 10s (that I'll probably have to PAY to recycle)...

Lionel