[rescue] where have all the Sun monitors gone?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 26 08:48:04 CDT 2007

>From: velocityengine at gmail.com
>Date: 2007/06/26 Tue AM 03:19:46 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] where have all the Sun monitors gone?

>On 6/25/07, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:05:18PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> > I just dumped a 21" Sun monitor in south London because I
couldn't
>> > convince anybody to haul it away.
>>
>> We discarded around 50 19"-21" workstation tubes (SGI, Sun) about
a year
>> ago because nobody wanted them and everyone had LCDs.  A year and
a half
>> before that, we threw out at least that many in the Austin office
for the
>> same reason, after selling the best of the lot at an employee
auction.

>> Monitors that I would have given body parts for, five years ago,
are now
>> not worth my time and effort.
>>

>Cripes, I wish more of you guys lived near Milwaukee. I have such a
drought
>of decent / free / cheap hardware here it's embarassing. I'd love
to have
>more 21" + monitors or the $5 UltraSparcs everyone else seems to
have access
>to.
>
>*sigh*

I have plenty of kit available, most of it for shipping, but it is
all fairly un-interesting to many on this list. If you want an Ultra
1 or 2, drop me a note - an Ultra 2 weighs about 40 pounds packed,
and I can ship from 08534 via FedEx Ground from a service counter
(no MailBoxes Etc. fees)...

Let me know if you want an Ultra 1 or 2 - I've reached out to a
recycler to possibly dispose of my excess hardware (my wife really
wants the basement back ;^)...

Lionel