[rescue] where have all the Sun monitors gone?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 25 19:39:31 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/06/25 Mon PM 04:50:31 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] where have all the Sun monitors gone?

>On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:05:18PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> I just dumped a 21" Sun monitor in south London because I couldn't
>> convince anybody to haul it away.
>
>We discarded around 50 19"-21" workstation tubes (SGI, Sun) about a year
>ago because nobody wanted them and everyone had LCDs.  A year and a half
>before that, we threw out at least that many in the Austin office for the
>same reason, after selling the best of the lot at an employee auction.
>
>Monitors that I would have given body parts for, five years ago, are now
>not worth my time and effort.

Are you sure it's not because your aging body parts are worth less?

On a serious note, when was the last time Sun made a "new" system with 13W3
video out only? For the last few model years I'm aware of, the systems I've
seen have had either DVI or SVGA connectors...

I haven't seen a Sun tube in surplus that was less than 8 years old...

(the ones in my basement are all over 10 Years old - if you're near Trenton,
NJ feel free to stop by and rescue a few ;^)

Lionel