[rescue] Best brains: Ã? Dead keyboard ports on PC hardware

Clemson, Chris Chris.Clemson at softwareag.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 04:34:07 CDT 2007

> > Can anyone confirm that win2k pro (not server) will support
> more than two
> > cores?
>
> I have no idea about multi-core processors, but I can verify that
> Windows 2000 Pro won't support more than two physical chips.
> I tried in
> one of my PC Server 704s once upon a time.

Isn't this just a licensing restriction?
Back in mists of time I remember reading that you could upgrade from one
version of windows to the next that would allow >2 CPUs to be supported, even
though the newer version supposedly only would support 2.
Unfortunately I can't remember if this was from NT 3.51 to 4, or 4 to 2000 and
I can't find any links about it :(

Chris