[rescue] URGENT: SCSI RAID

ajones ascii.letter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:13:10 CDT 2007

> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 02:01:02 -0500
> From: "Timothy Baldridge" <tbaldridge at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] URGENT: SCSI RAID
> To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> "I thought the PERC 3 is a rebadged Adaptec?"
>
> It is, considering I see adaptec on the card sitting two feet away from me.
>
> No, sorry I have disagree with Phil on both counts. I've used this
> card and a PERC 2 in a non dell system with no problems. In fact the
> PERC 2 is running a mail server at work. And I have never seen a Dell
> rebranded MegaRAID card. And I've seen my share of Dell RAID cards.
>
> Timothy

I feel a little odd pointing this out on Rescue, but it's conceivable
that people could be sticking these in rescue-worthy systems.  The LSI
cards should have OpenFirmware on them, right?

PERC 2 and PERC 3 were Adaptec. They used Linux's "aacraid" driver.

PERC 4 and PERC 5 series are LSI, and depending upon the particular
model, use either the "megaraid" or "fusion-mpt" drivers.