[rescue] URGENT: SCSI RAID

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 02:31:19 CDT 2007

Yeah, I guess you learn something every day. Yep, this is a PERC3/SC.
Which according to the before mentioned site is a MegaRAID card. So my
apologies. I guess I'll do my research before opening my mouth in the
future. :-)

Timothy

On 6/24/07, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> r.stricklin wrote:
> > On Jun 24, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> >
> >> No, sorry I have disagree with Phil on both counts. I've used this
> >> card and a PERC 2 in a non dell system with no problems. In fact the
> >> PERC 2 is running a mail server at work. And I have never seen a Dell
> >> rebranded MegaRAID card. And I've seen my share of Dell RAID cards.
> >
> > In fact most of the PERC models are just MegaRAID cards with
> > different stickers on.
> >
> > http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/perc.html
>
> Ah so!
>
> There are two different *kinds* of PERC 3, one Adaptec, and one AMI/LSI.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

"Believing in a DRM business model is like joining Star Fleet
security, putting on your red shirt, and volunteering to beam down to
the new unexplored plant with Kirk, Spock and McCoy." --   Jeremy
Allison