[rescue] Sun 3's Tape Drives and Mac Mini's

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 21 18:12:40 CDT 2007

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:56:14 -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>> Saith Walter Belgers ...
>>
>>> Another thing to watch out for is tapes that won't turn properly.
>>> In a QIC tape, there some kind of belt that is wound through a few
>>> 'thingys' (sorry, not a native English speaker :) that will lead
>>> the tape itself.
>> I'm a sorry native English speaker, and I call 'em "thingies," too.
>
> Thingies is a fine word, and I'm happy to call almost anything a
> thingy ... especially early in the morning when a caffeine deficiency
> is causing word retrieval problems.

Absolutely.

Another item that is particularly important is the knippitypin.

They are found in many products, but seem most common in tents and tarps,
especially the latter kind used for covering picnics.

They are normally stable, but in the presence of rapidly cooling food, high
winds, fragile equipment, or cloud bursting downpours, they rapidly undergo
physical and metaphysical property changes that prevent any practical use
whatsoever.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto