[rescue] FTP site for archive of _all_ old platforms on it's way

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 20 15:36:59 CDT 2007

On 20 Jun 2007, at 20:30, Bill Bradford wrote:
[...]
> I hate to do this, guys - but can you please not do organizing/
> planning/
> discussion of this obvious HUGE COPYRIGHT VIOLATION on the Rescue
> list?
>
> I agree that it's a great idea and a "good cause" - but I have no
> desire
> to get drug into a possible copyright-infringement / "piracy"
> brouhaha.
>
> I hope you can understand my position on this.

Fully.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Amiga software I was proposing to add
to the archive is FOSS, freeware, redistributable shareware, or at
least stuff without explicit copyright but evidently under what we
would now call Creative Commons.

(Yes, there really *are* tens of gigs of Amiga software that is still
safe to redistribute.)