[rescue] FTP site for archive of _all_ old platforms on it's way

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Tue Jun 19 19:57:05 CDT 2007

> People have gone after the abandonware sites before.  They're run a
> bit more openly than the `real' warez sites as there's not much
> interest, but they're not really `mainstream'.
> I really like the idea.  But you might want to be careful ...

Yup, we will see how it goes. I know with things like UNIX operating
systems, there are lots of bits that are licensed from other companies.
"Hey we need a backup utility, let's license it" or GUI stuff or
whatever... so that brings in the issue that if say, SGI wanted to give
IRIX away, they would be stuck paying a royalty to all these companies,
even though open source now has much better alternatives for free.

 				- Ethan