[rescue] Best brains: Â Dead keyboard ports on PC hardware

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 19 10:11:12 CDT 2007

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2007/06/19 Tue AM 09:09:17 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Best brains: CB Dead keyboard ports on PC hardware

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> I don't think there is a way to save this MB for use with a keyboard.
>
>Neither do I.  I was just wondering if anyone could come up with
>something I'd missed.  But as old as it is, and just commodity PC
>hardware at that, I don't want to burn too much time and resources on
>exhausting every last possibility.
>
>> I think it's time to swap out the MB and upgrade the system
>
>Yeah, that's the way I was leaning too.
>
>> (hey, want a SuperMicro MB with dual PIII/450 CPUs?).
>
>Sure, if you have one lying around you're not doing anything with....  I
>was thinking of upgrading it with something a bit newer and faster, but
>that works too.  I think 2KPro will use both processors, right?

Win2KPro (Workstation) supports 1-2 CPUs, so yes.

I have several systems available - I offered the MB/CPUs here a few months
ago and got no response. The MBs are installed in rackmount cases of fairly
good condition, and have on-board SCSI. I'd honestly prefer to send you a
known-good MB/CPUs installed in a case with a power supply for the cost of
shipping, if you are interested. THat way you can remove it yourself and be
assured it will work (shipping loose MB and CPUs might break them in
transit). I don't remember the model number, but is should be in the maillist
archives...

Contact me off-list if interested.

Lionel