[rescue] USB KVM with my Octane: possible?

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:03:53 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doug McLaren wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 12:07:33AM -0500, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
> >
> > | I've tried simply plugging a PS/2<->USB adapter in, and I wasn't able
> > | to get any type of output on the screen, or even have the keyboard
> > | LEDs light up.
> >
> > Well, that sounds like the right answer, but all the PS/2<->USB
> > adapters I have take a PS/2 keyboard and mouse and adapt them to a USB
> > computer.  What you need is the opposite -- something to adapt a USB
> > keyboard and mouse to a PS/2 computer.
> >
> > I've never seen an adapter like that.
>
> Raritan, I believe, makes one, but it isn't cheap.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

Wait, an adaptor that goes from USB to PS/2? Hell, I got one of those
included when I bought my El Cheapo USB keyboard, unless you're
talking about a somehow *different* USB to PS/2 adaptor.
If I remember right, my friend has a whole bag of them sitting in the
back of her car.

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn