[rescue] USB KVM with my Octane: possible?

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Mon Jun 18 13:54:32 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 12:07:33AM -0500, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

| I've tried simply plugging a PS/2<->USB adapter in, and I wasn't able
| to get any type of output on the screen, or even have the keyboard
| LEDs light up.

Well, that sounds like the right answer, but all the PS/2<->USB
adapters I have take a PS/2 keyboard and mouse and adapt them to a USB
computer.  What you need is the opposite -- something to adapt a USB
keyboard and mouse to a PS/2 computer.

I've never seen an adapter like that.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
When I die, I want to donate my body to science fiction.