[rescue] FTP site for archive of _all_ old platforms on

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Sun Jun 17 09:47:03 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 04:41:49PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:36:46AM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
>
>>> BTW, if anyone needs older Mac systems, contact me offlist. I can help
>>> you (but I don't want Apple coming after me).
>>
>> Apple has some of their older OSs available online:
>>
>> http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/
>
> However, they ALL require you to have a functioning Macintosh computer to
> use them.

I was able to get Basilisk II up and running System 7.5 using those
images w/o a functioning Mac first.  I don't really remember how I did
it, I last set it up from scratch about 8 years ago, but ISTR there was
a disk image and a tool that I could write a boot disk under Windows
somehow.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org