[rescue] OS X is certified UNIX

John Francini francini at mac.com
Thu Jun 14 07:29:55 CDT 2007

ULTRIX was very much descended from BSD, inheriting both its kernel
and userland 'personality' from that OS.  And, in turn, DEC
OSF/1->Digital Unix-->Tru64 UNIX had a very BSD-ish userland
(descended from Ultrix for compatibility) with a Mach-derived kernel.
Many things from the System V side were brought over as well into
Tru64.