[rescue] OS X is certified UNIX

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 13 21:22:23 CDT 2007

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2007/06/13 Wed PM 07:26:46 CDT
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] OS X is certified UNIX

>Devin Ganger wrote:
>> 2) Windows Server 2003 R2, which is just W2K3 + slipstreamed SP1 + a few
>> other add-on bits now integrated into the Add/Remove Windows Components
and
>> Configure Your Server/Manager Your Server screen, takes the SFU 3.5
>> components and rolls them in. The packaging in Add/Remove is a slight bit
>> different, and the MMC GUIs have gotten some slight facelifts, but it's
the
>> same functionality and codebase.
>
>I've heard it said what w2K3 Server actually performs better for gaming
>than W2K.  Can anyone else corroborate or refute this?

Who knows, it is a real waste of money to buy that software for gaming
IMHO ;^)

Seriously though, I think there *might be* some driver issues for the higher-
end graphics cards[0]

Lionel

[0] I had some issues finding drivers for WinServer 2003 on a machine I
recently built for last $job... It may have changed in the last 6-9 months,
but it may still be an issue...

Lionel