[rescue] Wanted: Monitor

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:01:36 CDT 2007

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> My SGI GDP-4011P died recently.  I'm rather set on replacing it with
> another CRT, of equal or better quality.  Preferably SGI or Sony
> brand.  Possibly NEC or Lacie or I don't know what else.  Must be SGI
> compatible (basically sync on green) and support dual inputs.  The
> previous one was used as a TV (with a scan doubler for incoming video
> sources), connected to an Octane, and also a pair of PCs.  I want it
> to support at least 1600x1200.

If I may make a suggestion, get a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u, if you
can find one.  It's the nicest CRT I've ever seen.  AG screen,
2048x1536, can be color matched and contains a two-machine USB KVM switch.

I've seen them going for ~$100-150 in good condition.  They're *heavy*
though, so if you can get it close-by, it would be a big savings.

Peace...  Sridhar