[rescue] canonical list of sparc clones

Paul E Coad coad at sonic.net
Mon Jun 11 19:26:29 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino  wrote:

> Huh.  I never new Twinhead made a Sparc machine.  One of my former
> employers wasn't too far from them, and we bought quite a few of their
> Pentium-based notebooks (which, at the time, were pretty cutting-edge
> for the breed).

It appears that they made models equivalent to SS2, SS5, and SS20.
They were called Twinstations and used a Cypress Semi processor.
It does not appear that they were portable.   Has anyone seen one?

Toshiba making a portable SPARC machine is even more amazing to me.
I still think that there must be more to add to the list.

--paul