[rescue] AmigaOS 3.1 Install Disk

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jun 11 07:01:57 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:51:19PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> I have a large pile of still-readable 880kB floppies that say otherwise.

And I had a large pile of them from my A1000 that died long before I
sold it to buy a 2000.

> Yes, that should work. Under the hood, block devices were accessed using a
> byte offset from the start of the device and the geometry was irrelevant.
> The filesystem knew the geometry data, but that was mainly an optimisation
> so it knew where best to put data.
>
> > Do any of the Amiga emulators support external SCSI drives? Could you boot
> > a floppy image on the emulator and install it on the drive?
>
> At least the one I used on Linux a while back did.

If that is the case, maybe someone can create an Amiga boot image for
him that can be written with DD on a PC with a SCSI interface. (assuming
his Amiga has a SCSI interface).

I'm sure there are plenty of old SCSI disk drives, PCs with SCSI interfaces,
or *NIX systems with them in Perth.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838