[rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 9 10:51:30 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>> Date: 2007/06/09 Sat AM 09:21:02 CDT
>> To: rescue at sunhelp.org, The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: [rescue] FS: Intel 460T 24-port managed switch
>
>> I have a nice clean 460T switch, with rackmount ears, for sale.
>>
>> 10/100, serial console, SNMP, some kind of Web GUI as well.
>>
>> Can be seen/configured/managed by Intel Device View.
>>
>> Works fine, I am selling because I no longer need more than 8
>> ethernet ports at home.
>
> That may be the silliest reason for shedding a piece of hardware I've heard ;^)
>
> Why, any replacement switch will have 1/3 as many LEDs, and is almost guaranteed not have rack ears, the sign of true professionsl grade hardware (like my Netgear 24 port switch ;^)...

I found the rackmount ears for my Netgear FS516 the other day.  Only
about a year and a half after buying new ones....

I wouldn't mind having a managed switch in the rack instead of an
unmanaged one.  But the truth is I have one already (a salvaged Bay)
that I've never gotten around to putting into service.  16 ports is
enough for me, and it Just Works.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.