[rescue] timothy b has sent you a private message

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sun Jun 3 14:07:19 CDT 2007

    On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> NEVER give out your mail password to anything that isn't your mail
> reader.

    *boggle*  Do people (real ones, mind you, those that are supposed
to have some semblence of clue) really do this?  Do they understand
the ramifications of it (untraceable forgery, for one)?  Or is this,
perhaps, a (mis)feature of G-mail?  (Given my druthers, I try like
mad to *not* transmit to G-mail.  The G-men may be reading ;-) )

    Time to re-train the spam-filters....